- fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
- small twist ice cream cone
- 2 games of Settlers of Catan
- laughable moments with Calli (that girl cracks me up)
- staring up at the underbelly of a B-52 bomber at the Air Force Academy
Tuesday, August 28
- Mt. Elbert stands a whopping 14,433 ft above sea level
- Mt. Elbert is the highest peak in the Rocky Mountains
- Mt. Elbert is the second highest peak in the lower 48 states (second to Mt. Whitney in California)
- The air is thin up there
- I couldn't breathe like a normal human being from 11,000 ft - 14,433 ft
- I thought we would never make it
- Calli was kind enough to wait for me every 35 seconds when I was taking a critical oxygen resupply break (I was nearly wheezing like an asthmatic)
The summit was amazing. The Lord held off the rain while we took four hours to hike up that massive rock! It only took us two hours to run down!
Merilee, Melissa, Me
Saturday, August 18
Here is Noah beginning one of the crack climbs. This crack stopped us all, except for Don, that is. Pictured below you can see Don resting in an indentation in the rock wall, before continuing on to the top.
Partaking in the sweet delicacy of funnel cake heaven!
Extreme Canine Show: All stunt dogs were rescued from animal shelters across the U.S.
Calf Roping at the NRA (Northern Rodeo Association) Championship. I have a few rodeo videos that I took with my digital camera that I am hoping to put on the blog in the next week or so, once I figure out how to do it.
Friday, August 17
Pictured above: Me, Megan, Brooke, Krystal, and Lisa
Wednesday, August 15
Monday, August 13
Even with the fires looming, a group of five of us headed for the park Saturday to hike into the backcountry for a night. The central section of the park is far enough from the fire that it was safe to hike and camp, however I did wake up to smells of smoke, and views of a thick haze that blocked the southern horizon.
Remnants of an Elk near Cascade Lake
Friday, August 10
- TEDS LDY
- SHE FANG
The "BACKOFF" plate was on a burgundy, four door Ford Focus with a woman driving who appeared to be in her late fifties or early sixties. Really, Lady?
I just don't get it.
Friday, August 3
Hang in there Jimmy.
I may need another eight years,
of service from you.