Wednesday, December 9

the hometown is calling

As we all know, moving is routine for me. So here it goes again. A week from Friday I'll be packing up my clothes, some food, a dog, a few houseplants and piling it all back into the Jimmy to take a drive to Rochester, IN, the county seat of Fulton County, and my hometown.

Moving back to my hometown will be great; familiar faces and places, family (plus the new addition - Baby Jane), old friends. But at the same time it will be completely strange. I've been trying to process this move mentally and I don't really know what to make of it. On the one hand I'm really excited to start again in Rochester, where I got my initial start in life. But on the other side of things I don't really know how I'll fit back into life there.

I'm trusting that this chapter in my life will be another satisfying jaunt. My life has been full of them, I'm lucky, I know. So I go with no preconceived notions of how life looks for me in Rochester. Just an understanding that it will all work itself out.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Your life is an inspiration! I love how you chase after your heart's desires.

You go girl! If you ever are in Indy, look us up!