I'm trying to be patient and mature about the whole thing. The whole temperature thing. I keep checking the calendar, and I have verified that it is June. In fact it is ten days into the sixth month of this year. Then why? Tell me why it feels like March?
High 54 today. 52 yesterday. 55 tomorrow.
The worst, is that I keep getting weather updates from friends and family members in the Midwest and the southern US. "It is hot out here". That is all I'm hearing. I'd like at least one day where I can say, "it's hot out here".
The only consolation I have is that it isn't actually summer yet. June 21st is still over a week away. I will, then, limit my meteorological outbursts until the change of the seasons.
- Disturbing Discovery: 6 inch long slug
- Disturbing Discovery # 2: slugs love Tah Tsai, Spinach and Mustard Greens
- Removal Strategy: Beer (they are lured to a saucer of beer, where they drink to their hearts content and then find they can't escape)
- Question: Have you ever shared a beer with a slug?
- Toast: To the health of my garden and to the health of all slugs outside of my garden's perimeter.
I thought it was Bailey poop at first, but no. It is the most ginormous slug ever! And to the top left of the slug, there is another slug (dark brown). Under normal circumstances, I would have thought that second slug was huge, however, it looks like a pipsqueak next to "dino-slug".