- two things I've decided I can not have enough of:
- wool socks
- anything fleece (ex: hats, socks, pants, jackets)
(and this list, of course, does not include food items, it would be much longer with edibles included)
- Some of you may have read my sister, Lana's, blogged account of her black bean soup failure. I am, as I type this, attempting to successfully recreate the soup that she has sworn to never cook again. Maybe this Gottschalk can outsmart the wee little black bean!
- The heating blanket under my seedlings must be working. I have Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Mustard Greens, Radishes (I'm not sure why I planted these, I can't stand radishes), Paste Tomatoes, Kohlrabi (don't really know what that is), Tri-color Tomatoes, Japanese Mizuno Greens, and Cilantro all popping up out of their warm soil home!
- The rabbits, deer, and voles are doing a number on my crocuses, primroses, daffodils, and tulips. Tulips seems to be the favorite. As soon as a little tulip leaf pokes through the soil, it is mowed off to a stub.
- I think the word, 'thistle', is a cute word. I wish the weed was just as cute. It's not, and it's invasive. I'm battling it's proliferation in the yard. I'm declaring war, and I will win. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will be eradicated.
- I used to dislike pears. My love for them has recently blossomed. I think I'm finally getting my adult taste buds. It's about time.