- required to learn a variety of knots and hitches
- required to use those knots and hitches in practical situations (ie: bear hangs, kitchen tarps, securing tools to vehicle roof rack)
- just bought a utility pocket knife with a three inch blade
- excited about upcoming technical training where I will learn how to use a two person crosscut saw as well as a chainsaw (and a myriad of other tools)
- wear brown and green uniforms
Even with all of these similarities, the MCC veers away from the scouts in a few areas.
Comparable differences that the MCC has with the Boy/Girl Scouts:
- no patches earned
- no sashes (thank goodness)
- no little boxes of cookies (a huge drawback for the MCC in my opinion)
- no scarves
At least we don't have to sing silly songs. I would like it if we had boxes of cookies in storage, though. I might even voluntarily wear a sash if we could then have the cookies. Hmmmm?