Sunday, December 21

Winter Wonderland


The weather has been quite unpredictable this year on Whidbey Island. According to the locals, this has been a very strange year. First, an unusually long, wet and cold winter/spring. A chilly summer, but a nice warm fall. Winter hit like a thunderbolt about five days ago and it hasn't quit. First snow, that turned to ice. After the nice thick layer of ice, the snow has continued to fall. Spyglass, the road I live on, is a complete sheet of ice. So far I've witnessed around fifteen cars careening down the street at an unsafe angle, completely out of control. Sand and salt trucks are non-existent, plows are, as well. So I've just decided to hole up and ride it out. My car has been stuck behind a gate that I can't get open now that the snow fell, so it has been a strange adventure.


On a bright note: I am house/dog-sitting for some neighbors two houses up the hill. The house is warm, there is a hot tub at my disposal, and the dogs are friendly.
Rocco and Jambo enjoying the snowfall, and disrupting the beautiful snow angel.


3 comments:

Raleigh said...

snow on whidbey!? sounds like you're the smartest of islanders... stay warm! stay safe!

Kristi said...

I'm jealous of the snow! Looks like you'll have the ever elusive white Christmas. Stay warm and enjoy the company of Rocco and Jambo!

Anonymous said...

Woot woot!