Wednesday, February 6

The New Adventure


Is it possible that I'm due for another oil change already? Sometimes my life can be mapped out by how many oil changes my car has had in the past year or so. This year has been a bumper yield. Oil change after oil change. I'm either really going places, or running from something. I haven't decided yet.

The good news is, that after being somewhat nomadic for the past two years or so, I've found a little spot to stall for a while. The spot is practically the farthest north and west I can get and still be in the continental United States. So I suppose when the itch to drive hits me again, I better head south or east unless I'm intent on a nautical adventure.

This year is guaranteed to be full of new experiences waiting for me to uncover. As the live-in gardener/worm farmer on Whidbey Island, I have much to do and much more to learn. I'm looking forward to watching plants grow, as well as watching them break down. Observing the migration of orcas and grey whales. Harvesting clams, mussels, and crabs. And witnessing God's hand in directing my path here on this piece of land surrounded by water.

It is with a smile on my face that I can say that I do have a mailing address for now. So feel free to send me mail. And thank you to those who have already done so. I've received more mail in the past week than I did for most of last year! Exciting! If you need my address, just shoot me an email (lesliegottschalk@gmail.com), I'd be happy to send it your way.

Here's to a new day everyday!

1 comment:

Raleigh said...

yea whidbey! hope you love it. hope to visit you.